There is nothing sweeter than sharing your photos with friends and family members, especially seeing their reactions or comments on your memories.
Even though you can post memories on Instagram, Facebook, and other social media platforms, there may be pictures that you want to be exclusively accessed by your loved ones without putting them on the internet.
Luckily for Apple users, they can do just that.
(Photo : CHRIS DELMAS/AFP via Getty Images)
This illustration photo shows the Apple app store logo reflected from an iPhone onto the back of an iMac in Los Angeles, August 26, 2021.
iPhone users can now share photo albums with their friends and loved ones where they can also like, react, and comment on the photos without the need for social media apps. Apple has built this functionality in its Photos app.
Enabling this feature only takes a few quick taps. Here are the easy and simple steps that you have to follow.
How to enable comments on shared photo albums found on your iPhone
- Go to the “Photos app” on your iPhone and open it. This will feature your phone’s camera roll.
- Select the “Albums tab” found on the bottom of the screen, which lies between the “For You” and “Search” options.
- Go to your “Shared Albums” where you will find the albums that have been shared with you or shared albums that you have created.
- Select the photo you want to be commented on.
- Click the “add comment” option. If this option does not appear, tap on the button showing the number of “likes” or comments that the photo has, through this you might be able to find a comment section appearing after pressing the button.
- Comment whatever you want to say on the photo and press the send button.
How to share albums with people who don’t use iCloud
If you have friends or relatives who are not Apple users but you still want them included in your albums, there is an option for you to do just that
However, it must be noted that albums can only be edited by their owner and creator. Furthermore, your shared album will not have any privacy checks beyond the private URL since anyone with the link can view your images and videos.
Follow these simple steps to share your albums with people who are not iPhone users.
- Open the Photos app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Select Albums located at the bottom of the screen.
- Find your Shared Albums and select the album that you want to share with anyone so they can view your photos and videos from a web browser through iCloud.com. If you can’t find the album, click “See All” to find it quickly.
- Select the “People” icon found at the top of the screen.
- Toggle the “Public Website” switch on to give anyone with the URL access to your shared browser.
- Copy the album link and share it with your loved ones.
This article is owned by Tech Times
Written by Joaquin Victor Tacla
ⓒ 2021 TECHTIMES.com All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.