Transparent obstacles imposing social distancing measures are seen on tables at a restaurant in Hong Kong, on Tuesday, April 21, 2020.
Roy Liu | Bloomberg by way of Getty Images
From bars and pubs to sports activities premises and karaoke rooms, Hong Kong will be banning most public actions from Friday.
The Asian monetary hub will be re-imposing strict Covid-19 measures for 2 weeks — starting Friday to Jan. 20 — as the town braces for the unfold of the extremely infectious omicron variant. They will be reviewed in one week.
“We are dealing with a very dire scenario of a main neighborhood outbreak any time, and that’s why now we have to take very decisive measures,” Chief Executive Carrie Lam mentioned Wednesday when she introduced a slew of stringent measures in a bid to comprise the outbreak as early as potential.
The authorities additionally introduced that incoming flights from eight countries will be banned from Saturday to Jan. 21. They are: Australia, Canada, France, India, Pakistan, the Philippines, the United Kingdom and the United States.
Hong Kong recorded 38 new coronavirus circumstances on Wednesday, and has 12,708 confirmed circumstances thus far, according to a government website.
So far, 73.4.% of the entire inhabitants has acquired two doses of a vaccine as of Thursday, according to government data.
The tightened social distancing guidelines embody a ban on consuming in eating places after 6 p.m., closure of theme parks, museums and venues together with health facilities and bars.
The authorities can also be canceling a mass biking occasion, Cyclothon, and leisure services equivalent to Hong Kong Disneyland, cruise ship excursions and nightclubs and karaoke venues for 14 days starting Friday.
Here’s a list of everything that will be closed from Jan. 7.
- Restaurants should cease providing dine-in companies to prospects each day from 6 p.m. till 4.59 a.m. native time the next day.
- Bars or pubs will be closed.
- No dwell efficiency and dancing exercise is allowed in catering premises. Karaoke or mahjong-tin kau exercise must also be suspended.
- Entertainment premises shut: theme parks, museums, get together rooms, karaoke rooms, recreation facilities, Chinese-style playing institutions for mahjong and tin kau (dominoes); cinemas in addition to occasion and efficiency venues will additionally be closed.
- Sports and wonder actions: health facilities, swimming swimming pools, sports activities premises, in addition to magnificence parlors and bathhouses will be shut.
- Tours to stop: All native excursions and “cruises-to-nowhere” suspended.
- Public hospital and nursing dwelling visits to be halted.